Science IS fun! Students in Anne Brooks’ fourth grade science classes at WCES found this out as they participated in the Elementary Regional Science Fair in Dublin, Georgia on Thursday, March 1st. While at the fair, students were able to attend a magic show that focused on force and motion.
While working on their projects, students learned the steps involved in the scientific method. The children worked very hard on their projects. Students should be very proud of their accomplishments. Results of the fair are as follows:
- Jared Black – Can Solar Powered Heat Be Made From Recycled Materials?
- Jackson Dunagan – Household Nasties!
- Eli and Owen Harris – The Color Distribution of M&M’s
- Bailey Clements and Grace Keene – Popcorn – What Brand Pops Best?
- Lexie Anderson and Kelsie Smith – When You Put a Mento in a Soda Bottle, Which Soda Spews the Farthest?
- Jalynn Keene and Rebecca Ellis – Which Flavor Ice Cream Melts Quickest?
- Lori Sutton – Candy VS Carbonation
- Nate Harrell – Do Different Brands of Popcorn Leave Different Amounts of Unpopped Kernals?
- Asia Montgomery and Tylana Daniels – How Big Can You Blow a Bubble?
- Stone Statham – Do All Brands of Bubble Gum Make the Same Size Bubbles?
- Chastity Stephens and Maci Martin – Do All Hairsprays Hold Hair Equally Well? Equally Long?
- Katie Curry – Are All Potato Chips Equally Greasy?
- Britney Troupe – Will Jello Be Firmer with Canned Fruit or Real Fruit?
GREAT JOB STUDENTS!