Students are expected to wear appropriate dress at school and all school functions. Students are expected to dress in a manner that is not distracting to other students or faculty members. Students should dress appropriately for classroom instruction. Extreme styles and fads should be avoided. Proper dress is conducive to good scholarship and behavior. The Administration reserves the right to determine the proper dress for the school day.
- Hair should be fixed in an acceptable manner. Hats are not to be worn in the building. Florescent or brightly colored/sprayed hair is disruptive and unacceptable.
- See-through garments are not allowed.
- Proper and acceptable undergarments will be worn at all times.
- Shirts may be unbuttoned only two buttons down.
- All skin should be appropriately covered. No holes and/or shreds in pants above the knees.
- All belts must be buckled. No oversized belt buckles will be allowed.
- All pants must be worn at the waistline. Shirts may not be longer than the fist when dropped to the side.
- No sleeveless tops are to be worn. (This includes shirts, blouses or dresses)
- Shorts must touch the knees when standing.
- Sunglasses may be worn inside only if prescribed by doctor.
- No sweatbands are permitted.
- No suggestive designs on clothes will be permitted. (Drugs, alcohol, profanity, tobacco)
- Grooming is allowed only in the restroom.
- No bandannas or other head coverings are permitted in the classroom.
- No sweat pants are to be worn.
- Outfits that expose bare backs, bare midriffs, or bare sides may not be worn. Shirts should be appropriate and no cleavage shall be shown.
- Only females will be allowed to wear earrings, and NO other piercings, gauges, or distracting body art will be allowed by either sex.
- Leggings are not allowed to be worn as pants. Any garments worn with leggings must touch the knee.
- Dresses and skirts must touch the knees.
- Skin tight apparel is not allowed.
- All shoes that are worn must completely cover the toes or have a heel strap. All straps must be fastened. Students must wear shoes at all times. No bedroom shoes/slippers are allowed.
Violations of any of the above dress codes may result in the following:
Students who are inappropriately dressed will be sent home to change clothes, or parents will be called to bring a change of clothing to the school. Students may be sent to ISS/Character Ed if a change of clothes cannot be provided. Student’s dress shall be neat and in good taste as dictated by common sense and propriety. The school authorities reserve the right to make the final judgment as to what is neat and in good taste. School administration may develop and administer consequences for violations of dress code procedures in addition to those listed above.