Dress Code for 2023-2024
- District News
Students are expected to wear appropriate dress at school and all school functions. Students are expected to dress in a manner that is not distracting to other students or faculty members. Students should dress appropriately for classroom instruction. Extreme styles and fads should be avoided. Proper dress is conducive to good scholarship and behavior.
The Administration reserves the right to determine the proper dress for the school day.
Wilcox County Elementary:
- See-through garments are not allowed.
- Proper and acceptable undergarments will be worn at all times.
- No holes in pants above the knee. All pants must be worn at the waistline.
- No suggestive designs on clothes will be permitted. (Drugs, alcohol, profanity, tobacco, etc.)
- Outfits that expose bare backs, bare midriffs, or bare sides may not be worn. Shirts should be appropriate and no cleavage shall be shown.
- No tank tops are allowed in third through fifth grades.
- For students in grades third through fifth, shorts must come to the tip of the middle finger when standing with arms fully extended.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. No bedroom shoes/slippers or flip-flops are allowed.
- Hats are not to be worn in the building.
- Sunglasses may be worn inside only if prescribed by a doctor.
- No bandannas are permitted.
- Only females will be allowed to wear earrings, and no other piercings, gauges, or distracting body art will be allowed by either sex.
Wilcox County Middle and High School:
- Shorts must touch the knee when standing.
- Girls wearing leggings must have a shirt that comes to their knees when standing.
- Pants or jeans with holes or shreds above the knee that expose skin are not allowed .
- Sagging pants are not allowed.
- Sweat pants (designed to be worn in the gym) or pajama pants are not allowed.
- Sleeveless or off-shoulder tops, shirts, blouses or dresses are not allowed
- Dresses and skirts with hemlines must touch the knee.
- See-through clothing is not allowed
- Outfits that expose cleavage, bare backs, bare midriffs, or bare sides are not allowed.
- Skin-tight clothing is not allowed
- Clothing that displays suggestive or objectionable content that promotes unhealthy behavior or poses a safety issue is not allowed
- Hats, sweatbands, bandanas, wave caps, durags, sleep bonnets, or sunglasses are not allowed at school (unless prescribed)
- Fluorescent, bright, or non-natural hair color or weave will not be allowed
- Flimsy flip-flops or bedroom shoes/slippers are not allowed due to safety reasons for students.
- Body piercings or gauges are not allowed
- No earrings (male students)
- No blankets
- No trench coats or duster
- Hoodies will not be allowed to be worn inside the buildings.
The school administration reserves the right to administer consequences for violations of dress code procedures as listed below.
Shorts and Leggings Consequences :
- 1st Offense: Warning
- 2nd Offense: 2 Days ISS
- 3rd Offense: 3 Days OSS, Restricted from wearing for the rest of the school year.
All students are expected to dress neatly and in good taste. School administration reserves the right to make the final judgment as to what is neat and in good taste. Therefore, ALL students are expected to:
- dress in a manner that is appropriate and supports the school environment
- keep hair fixed in an acceptable manner
- wear proper and acceptable undergarments at all times
- Groom only in the restroom
- Wear shoes at all times
- dress code